Welcome to the McAlester Army Ammunition Plant (MCAAP) website and America’s flagship ammunition plant.
We are proud of our more than 60 years of service to the warfighters and the important contribution our
employees make to the nation’s defense.
MCAAP was originally commissioned as the McAlester Naval Ammunition Depot on May 20, 1943 and begun its first production in September 1943. The facility was transferred to the Army under the Single Manager for Conventional Ammunition Act on October 1, 1977.
MCAAP is a government-owned/government-operated (GOGO) facility and is the Defense Department's premier bomb and warhead loading facility. It is one of 14 industrial facilities in the Joint Munitions Command, and is vital to ammunition stockpile management and delivery to the joint warfighter for training and combat operations.
Our products and services are available to other government agencies, defense contractors, and our allies through foreign military sales. MCAAP is ISO 9001:2008 certified, ISO 14001:2004 certified, and was awarded Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) star status by OSHA.
McAlester Army Ammunition Plant, McAlester, OK 74501-9002
McAlester Army Ammunition Plant provides this site as a public service. The site is intended to efficiently and effectively share information about MCAAP, its history, missions and capabilities to support our Armed Forces, as well as information about activities and events that may be of interest to the public. The site also contains information about other Defense Department and federal agencies located at this installation. The site’s target audiences include our customers, all members of the Armed Forces and their family members, the general public and media representatives. Comments about this site are welcomed and may be directed to the Public Affairs Office, at firstname.lastname@example.org